Southern Star Group of Companies has developed an Environment Protection Policy that was established with the following objectives:
- Identify and reduce the impact of operations on the environment.
- Implement operational procedures aimed at reducing environmental impact
- Adequate induction and ongoing training of employees to operate within the accepted guidelines and regulations.
- Cooperation with government and other bodies concerned with and responsible for environment protection strategies.
- Identify, quantify and control chemicals and physical agents in the work environment.
- Establish and maintain appropriate responses and reporting systems applicable to environmental protection at all levels.
- Vehicles, plant and equipment that meet Environmental Protection Standards.
- Responsible and acceptable waste disposal practices.
- Strategic energy conservation and waste reduction practices
- Recycling practices in manufacture, operations and administration.
This policy underpins specific actions undertaken to achieve more energy efficient and emission reducing operational practices across all areas of the business including manufacturing, logistics and administration.