A New Anam Cara for Geelong
Anam Cara House Geelong is building a 20-bed facility that will be home-like and purpose built to accommodate a range of hospice services and end-of-life palliative respite choices for people with life-limiting illnesses and the people who care for them.
The Southern Star Group is proud to be supporting this important and worthy project for the Geelong community by making a pledge to the capital campaign as well as supplying all windows and doors for the build itself.
Anam Cara House Geelong is working with Deakin University to establish this facility on site at Deakins Waurn ponds campus, supporting a research and education partnership with Deakins school of medicine and Faculty of Health.
Services to be provided:
• End-of-life care and overnight palliative respite
• Day Hospice services
• Hospice Community Hub services
• Community Outreach home visits & equipment loans
• 20 beds for end-of-life care and over night palliative respite
• Individual private homelike rooms, large enough for family to visit and stay overnight
• Day Hospice Centre
• “Hospice Community Hub” initiative
• An education and research function
• A community Outreach office to coordinate home visits providing a range of services to people at all stages of their illness
• A spiritual place
• Consulting and interview rooms
• Landscaped gardens and outdoor areas with water features, outdoor setting and walking paths
• A fully appointed kitchen
• Shared group dining areas
• A library
• Administration and fundraising office and meeting rooms
If you would like more information on the project or how to donate please see their website:
The New Anam Cara
We look forward to following the progress of the new Anam Cara House and sharing its progress with you.